Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 9 of weaning

We're back to being scared of the pool guys.  The neighbor has a pool service that comes by on Wednesdays, at Katie's morning turn-out time, and today she put her front feet out, saw them, and turned around and went back inside.  They didn't use to bother her.  She did really have to go, so a few minutes later she came and got me to let her out, but went to the side yard instead of going in the back, which is where she normally relieves herself, but is also next to the pool.

This afternoon, she jumped when I closed a cabinet door in the kitchen.  And this evening, the wind both had her on edge (she needed a fair amount of coaxing to go out), and excited (once outside, lots of happy running!)  I'd forgotten how much she's improved while being on the drugs.  Five more days of weaning, then we start the wash-out, and then the new drug needs to build up.  I am curtailing most of Katie's experiences outside for now, based on how she is acting inside.  We are making progress at the front door.  I need to talk to my behaviorist about how to handle her when I open the door.  She is definitely curious about the outside, but then gets frightened and moves away from the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment