Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 9 of the washout

Katie continues to display nervous behavior.  She is becoming hesitant about eating, both out of hand and bowl.  Will pause briefly and then continue, and will stop if there is a sudden noise.  I am going to refill her Xanax prescription and up the amount I give her to help her over this patch.  It's hard watching her twitch at every noise from outside!  I hope that the new drug kicks in relatively quickly, even if does take the 4-6 weeks to take full effect.  Five more days to go!

With her being so twitchy, I have cut back on DS/CC.  I am trying to keep her life relatively stress-free right now, and trying to keep her engaged in play learning.  She's reluctant to do some of her tricks that she used to love, which may go along with the nervousness about eating.  I will keep an eye on that, in case it is a physical issue.  It's possible that a tooth is bothering her, but she has been happy to chew on the  Himalaya chew, so I am thinking it's all nerves.  She's also being very hesitant on going outside, and will wait until she absolutely needs a potty break before going out.  And even then, it's sometimes with a false start or two before she will rush out to the yard, go potty, and then rush right back in.

I had forgotten how much of a difference the drugs make!

No comments:

Post a Comment