Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 7 of the washout

Katie has been full of vim and vinegar today, so I think that yesterday was all related to the weather.  I debated taking her on a hike today, but decided against it.  I did decide that it was really time for her to have a bath, which would make it her second or third one since I got her.  She didn't love it.... trembled the entire time, but did eat lots of cheese during it (and yes, juggling squeeze cheese and washing a dog is rather interesting).  But after the bath, she was full of energy, and would go in the bathroom after treats, so I will try and do some CC there to make the next bath more pleasant.  I miss Trink... she just melted in the bath.  That dog loved warm water, and would just go all blissful!  But Katie is Katie, and she was fine the moment the bath was over.  I wonder if it's partly that they get washed at the track before a race, to remove any foreign materials, and the association with racing might be the issue, as opposed to the actual bath?  Hard to tell, and the answer is the same:  counter-condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment