Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 3 of washout

Only one Xanax today, and no lunch break (had to stay at work).  She wasn't as hyper when I got home, but still pretty close to normal.

I will say that I find myself in an interesting conundrum.  I know that she will do better when she is back on the meds.  So, do I try doing DS/CC with her now, or wait until she starts the new drug?  If I hadn't had her on the Elavil, I would be doing the DS/CC right now, trying to get her more confident and happy in new situations.  But I find myself more just managing the situation, not pushing her to try things, since I know that she is not at her peak performance right now.    And I know that the Xanax would get her to a level where I can do some DS/CC, as long as I manage the stress level, but it also tends to make her really puppy-playful, as my behaviorist put it, which is hard to handle some nights, especially when I am trying not to put her in stressful situations, which means not taking her out for walks, which would be my normal way of dealing with the excess energy.  So, it is just an interesting observation, to me, that knowing how she is when she is on meds makes me reluctant to treat her the way that I did when I didn't know that she would do better on meds, if that makes any sense at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment