Sunday, February 26, 2012

Recovering from Solvang still

Katie spent most of today hunkered down on her bed in her safe spot.  I'd been planning on taking her to the meet-and-greet today, but keeping in mind that stress hormones can stay in the body for many days, I decided to keep her at home and just let her decompress.  She was reluctant to eat breakfast and dinner (and I added warm water to both to make them more appetizing), she was reluctant to go out to potty, she would come into the computer room for treats and take them back to the bed.  I figured that more stress, however minor, was probably not a good idea.  It seems to have worked.  She finally joined me in the computer room, and went out pretty easily for her last potty break of the day.  Even did some zoomies out in the yard, so she's feeling better.  We'll see how the next few days go.

No comments:

Post a Comment