Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Yay! The routine is coming back!

Finally think that the worst of the Solvang fall-out is passing.  She has been off her food, which I think is at least partly from getting lots and lots of liver Kong-stuffing at Solvang to help keep her happy about the situation.  Now I think she is holding out a bit hoping for more good stuff and not just kibble.  But this morning she eventually decided to go eat breakfast, and then walked right over to the door out and went out to potty with no problems.  Did some happy prancing while out there too, not the anxious pacing she;d been displaying.  So either the drugs are kicking in, or the stress hormones are dissipating, or some combo of the two.  I'm just happy that we seem to be coming out of the rough patch.

She's continued to do well today.  Going in and out without fuss, actually playing with her new toy (and my shoes, and a shirt I left out...)  Still turning her nose up at kibble, but eager to work for good stuff (cheese, dried yams, etc).  She's also spending more time with me rather than in her safe spot.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment