Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 4 of washout

I decided today that the fact that Katie is not up to walks is not a good reason for ME to not take one!  So I did that this evening, and then decided to do some DS/CC with Katie at the front door.  She was doing so well with that that I decide to see if I could get her to work out on the front step.  Not a good idea!  Open the front door, and she gets anxious and moves away.  I did get her to go out the back door, and did some DS/CC out there.  She was reasonably responsive, maybe a little stressed, but willing to do nose touches, etc.  Then we moved to the front stoop, and did a few touches there, and then inside to remove leash.  She hung out inside for a bit, then we went outside for potty break and major zoomies!  I am not sure if it was my being out for the walk, or the fact that we did the DS/CC, or a combination, but she has been amped up tonight.  I think sometimes she does zoomies as a stress reliever, or just because it feels good.  Maybe both?  So it's hard to tell sometimes whether it's because she has been stressed and needs the adrenaline rush, or she is really pleased with herself and needs to let the good feelings out.  We'll see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment