Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 6 of weaning

And my first real indication of how much the drugs had been helping.  Today was pretty normal.  Took Katie to the meet and greet, where she did pretty ok, not quite as outgoing as normal, but not too bad.  Got her nails done with no problems.  But at class, that was a different matter.  Last week, she walked up the stairs to almost the top (stopped when some one came and looked at her), and was hesitant on the weave poles, but did the other exercises with minimal fuss.  This week, she would not go up the stairs, and would not leave her corner to go work in class.  Since I can only assume that things are going to get worse as the weaning and wash-out progress, I am going to pull her from class.  I want her to LIKE agility, not be terrified during it!

So, it's going to be a lot of managing the environment, doing what I can for DS/CC (keeping in mind that her stress levels are going to be higher with the drugs out of her system), and hope that the SSRI kicks in relatively fast once I start loading it.  It's going to be interesting to keep an eye on Katie and her signals during this time.  And I think that this blog is going to be invaluable for recording the changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment