Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First outside DS/CC session!

Well, you can tell Katie is doing much better, since I am writing less.  Somehow, "everything was good today" just gets a bit boring to keep putting down.  :)

But tonight, we actually did our first DS/CC outside on the front stoop.  This is a huge step for Katie, and she is feeling much more comfortable out there, as demonstrated by her absolutely refusing to come in when I thought she had had a good session!  I wound up going as far as the front feet on the walk, but didn't want to push it too far.

And she is learning how to work a new style of Kong.  Generally I give her frozen Kongs, so that she can spend a long time licking them.  I've been giving her single dog treats rattling around loose in them, so that she has to figure out a way to get them out.  It's more difficult, but she is getting the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment