Friday, March 9, 2012

Continued progress

I'm leaning towards what I am seeing in Katie being side-effects of the medicine.  The two most common are lack of appetite and lethargy/depression, and that seems to be exactly what I am seeing.  She perked up a bit at breakfast this morning, pretty much my normal girl.  Of course, I also was feeding her in her safe spot, so that may have contributed to it.  And she seemed pretty happy at dinner time today, which would be after today's dose took effect, so I could be wrong, and this could just be "one of those things".  We'll see what the vet says, just to rule out any physical causes, and discuss possibly tweaking the dosage with the behaviorist if there are no physical causes, and then I may just relax a bit, remind myself that this is a journey, and take it day by day.  Today we even felt like playing some hide and seek in the yard, yesterday we did mad zoomies.  Katie is such a joy to watch when she is playing!

And even more fun:  we played with our favorite treat toy, our new bunny stuffie, and ran zoomies out in the yard.  She is being way more energetic, so I think whatever it was may have resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment